I’ve been working hard on my new game! It finally has a name: CrossKrush
As I mentioned in a previous post, it’s a Kurushi-inspired game… with a swing! 🙂
The story is about Florence & Henry, an elderly couple that were great dancers when they were young; That was a long time ago, but they still have that spark! They love listening & dancing to swing music at home, but every now and then the damn traffic outside is just too loud to bear! So, they take matters in their own hands and go outside to deal with the noise. 👿
I was working on some branded images for Concept Destruction using the Photo Mode; It was so much fun that I got carried away & ended up making too many of them! Now I can’t choose just one 😀
What’s your favourite?
As you can see, I’m terrible at keeping this blog updated. I usually post much more often to my Twitter, so if you are interested you can follow me there.
Anyway, my new game Concept Destruction is now almost done!! ALMOST!! Development is going well and pretty much all features are already in there, working as expected. 😀
Lately I’ve been working on making the game fully configurable. I provide default values that I believe work great but it’s you, the player, who will be able to configure all kind of things to better fit the game to your liking. You don’t like how fast the battery depletes? No problem, you can adjust that. You don’t like how quick your car gets destroyed? No problem, you can adjust that too. Or the number of rivals. Or how long each event lasts, or…you get the idea 😉
I recently quit my job to go full time indie, and I’ve been working on a new game!
It’s a game like Destruction Derby with miniature cars, where everything is made out of cardboard & other handcraft materials! 😀
Some quick screenshots I just took while working on the game.
I’m here to tell you a little bit about my next game.
What you see above is how it all started. I modeled that robot some time ago with the purpose of printing it in 3D as a real figurine. I sent it to Shapeways and after a careful painting on my side, it’s now resting on my desk. Here you got a picture of the real thing:
I’ve started working on a new game! I was still deciding on what to do next after I finished “Save Sea Turtles!“, when I read about the Ludum Dare’s October Challenge; The goal is to finish a game during October, and earn at least $1 from it. Since using already started games is allowed, I thought that this would be the perfect excuse to actually finish a game I started some months ago.
Hi again! A new update of “Save Sea Turtles!” is here!
Lately I’ve been working on the icon of the app. I’ve read everywhere that it’s very important to have a nice icon so I did my best! It was something I wanted to get right so it took me a while… but it’s done now, one more thing to check off the list.
Today I’ve been working on a new level selection screen, since I’m going to build 3x times more levels than it was initially planned. That means 16×3 = 48 levels! Madness, I know!
Well, all those levels are going to be spread along 3 difficulty levels so that explains the image you see above.
Now, back to the code!
I was not sure if I should implement it because I thought that it would make the game too hard, but… it’s actually funnier! (yes, harder too)
So here we have the 2nd enemy of the game: Seagulls! They will fly over the area from time to time, and if any turtle is in their path, it will be captured & carried away 🙁
More screenshots to keep you informed about progress on “Save Sea Turtles”!
I’ve been experimenting with adding a trail to each of the turtles. Look at the screenshots at the top of this post to see what I’m talking about. I’m still not sure about keeping it & discarding the old footsteps (barely visible now) or just stick with the footsteps & forget about trails in the sand…